Fellow V-Networkers —
My recent LinkedIn article was read by 6,500 users — read the full article here (and please "like" and comment on it) —>
In this blog post I will just distill that article down to my "Top 5" tips for successful Virtual Networking —>
- A Webcam is Essential. If your desktop computer does not have a built-in webcam, get an external webcam or a new laptop with a webcam — it is 2018 and everyone needs a decent webcam
- Get a USB Headset. I use this one which cost me about $30 — a good headset will completely transform your V-networking
- Dress for Success. Dress like you would for an in-person meeting — remember V-Networking is real networking and a making a professional impression is essential
- Respect Fellow Networkers' Time. Please don't waste other people's time by joining the meeting late or publicly sorting out your tech issues. Test out your equipment and be on time!
- Silence is Golden. Find a quiet space to participate in your V-networking events.
Thanks and see you soon in V-Space!
All the best,